SaaS Store supports the creation of SaaS Services (called also entities) thanks to running SaaS Parent instances.
SaaS Services are created and running on SaaS Parents, thanks to TDS Aurora services running on SaaS Parents.
SaaS Services can be managed by a user with a proper Project role.
Installed Services tab includes all SaaS offering available for selected Customer Area and Project.
Every SaaS Store card includes:
- SaaS Service icon
- SaaS Service name
- SaaS Service URL
Service Catalogue includes all available SaaS parents, which can be requested by the user to deploy by TDS team is selected Customer Area and to share SaaS parent witch requested projects.
Clicking on selected item user is moved to SaaS Store Request page.
SaaS Store Request
SaaS Store Request page includes information about requested SaaS application and link to TDS Help Center, where user can specify his request details.
Creating of new SaaS Service (entity)
Go to SaaS Service tab in left project menu within TDS product space and press the button which will show a menu for SaaS service creation.
SaaS Store Detail page includes all specific entries needed for the creation of new SaaS Service.
There are available for example items:
- SaaS Service name
- optionally Unique key
- optionally Description
- and more specific to SaaS Service parameters
User can enable/disable switch option "Add all project users" which automatically add all project users to new created SaaS Service with proper role mapping.
Pushin button "CREATE ENTITY" user starts the process of creating his new SaaS Service, which can be enabled for Project users.
Application is software installed on TDS Server after TDS Server is deployed using TDS Application Store.
After successful Application installation TDS user takes full control of Application management.
Application automated configuration supports Application authentication and authentication limited to project users only.
Application pages present information about the installed application(s) on the server.
- Application icon
- Application name
- Application FQDN
- Application status
Clicking on Application card user can open Application detail pages.
Way of connection is described in Server Connections page.
The basic connections are:
- terminal connection using ssh
- Remote Desktop connection using
- X2Go client
- Windows RDP Client (Remmina in Linux)
It' possible to change in the page Custom Application Pricing which is charged to the customer monthly.
User can also delete the Application, which means deleting of the server, where the application is running.
- After Delete action server is removed completely. CPU, RAM, Disk is released
- It's necessary to enter server FQDN and confirm delete action before the action proceeds
Application Store and Server Store are integrated into one store.
It includes ordering of user's self-managed server and when store item includes an application, it's installed on the new server after the server is deployed.
Server installation includes also server user management - Linux Server Creator is always added to the server root group.
Application/Server Store includes the following tabs:
- Custom item registration
Application Store All page includes all items available in the Application Store.
Some items (item property Public is false) are not visible for non-portal admin role users.
Application Store Custom Item
Thanks to Store Custom Item user can add a new already running SaaS, Server or Application to the project even when the host is not running in TDS.
Clicking on Custom App card user is forwarded to the Custom Item Detail page.
Custom Item Detail
User needs to fill the following item in Custom Item Detail view:
- Customer Application name
- FQDN of Customer Item name
- Select icon from TDS icon list
- specify if Custom Application is SaaS or not using SaaS switch
- enter URL to Custom Application
- enter Custom Application description
User can cancel the dialogue using CANCEL button or confirm the creation of Custom Item using CREATE button.
Application Store Detail
User needs to fill the following items in the view:
- the Hostname of the new Server
- The full hostname is completed Hostname and Project zone, which is in the format "<project name>.<customer area name>.tds.<tds main domain name>"
- Authentication method
- user can use this authentication only when he uploaded his public ssh key into his TDS User Profile
- only Server Creator get access to the Server using his user name ssh key
- all project user get access to the Server using TDS User Directory credentials
- Configure capacity
- user can select Server's CPU cores, RAM amount and root disk size using sliders
- limited CPU and RAM values are dependent on TDS cloud provider
- Public TDS cloud provider supports only limited Disk size values between 20 and 5000GB
- Private TDS cloud provider supports any Disk size value between 20 and 840GB
Estimated monthly Server price is calculated according to configured Cloud Resources.
Additionally TDS admin account is created automatically on every server with default name centos on Centos OS and Ubuntu on Ubuntu servers. Internal ssh key called vtp-ci is used to access the server using TDS jump servers.