SSH key on Linux
- From the Terminal or Git Bash, run ssh-keygen
- Confirm the default path .ssh/id_rsa
- Enter a passphrase (recommended) or leave it blank.
Remember this passphrase, as you will need it to unlock the key whenever you use it.
- Open ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub and copy & paste the contents into the box below, then click on "Add".
Note that id_rsa.pub is your public key and can be shared, while id_rsa is your private key and should be kept secret.
- Go to TDS portal and click on your name and then in left menu on SSH and then on Add or change key
- Paste the SSH key and click on the Save button.